Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Friday, February 8, 2008

Mom's Blooper Week?

Okay, I'm really beginning to think it's Mom's Blooper week! Yesterday, Alys, Benjamin and I stopped by Lowes to get some paint. I had parked the car right next to one of those grassy medians near the front of the store. We wandered around, got our paint and headed out of the store. I try to keep Benjamin real close because he likes to wander off. Well, I let go of his hand and thought he would be fine while I opened the door and put two cans of paint in the car. He headed towards the other end of the median, so drop everything and try to catch the little one before he's in the middle of the parking lot. I caught him and was holding him by the arm walking back toward the car. Things were fine until I somehow TRIPPED over Benjamin and landed face down on the median! My foot was a little sore but otherwise, Mom must go on! I realized I was grateful for two things: 1) I'm glad it was not Saturday afternoon in front of Lowes. 2) I'm glad I didn't fall on the treadmill while jogging at the gym that morning! So, maybe next week I'll just stay home. :)

2 comments:

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Oh my goodness! Good to hear that your both alright! Your right, good timing to do that at Lowes! Speaking of, Jon is there right now buying out paint! Can't wait to hear how the rest of your weekend goes! BE SAFE!!

Mark and Kristi said...

Charlene! I am glad that you are okay after your little spill in front of Lowe's. I am happy to see that you have a blog, I love the pictures! Talk to you soon
-Kristi