Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Monday, February 4, 2008

By Small and Simple Things...



On January 27, 2008, our Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley died at the age of 97. What a wonderful man and example. I will miss listening to his talks, reading his messages and enjoying his wit and humor. I have always marveled at how short and simple his talks have always been. He always gave us wise counsel, counsel that is not always easy to follow, but it was never fluffed up or presented in a grand way. Though for me, it was always a short and simple talk, there was something to learn and/or be reminded of. As it says in Alma 37:6 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." Farewell, beloved Prophet.





No comments: