Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Friday, February 15, 2008

A Day Full of Love


This year Valentine's Day was a full one, but definitely one full of love. We started our day with some Valentine pancakes and raspberry jam. That was yummy! Then we whisked Ethan off to school. He was excited as his school was having their Valentine's party. Needless to say he returned home with a bag full of sweet cards and candies. Alys & Benjamin also had school that day here at the house with Trey. We had fun making Valentines, eating red Jell-O and talking about the things that we love. While the kids napped I worked on my Valentine projects (why isn't there ever enough time in a day). Once we returned home the kids received their Valentines from Mom & Dad. A few sweets are always a big hit and they also received some coupons that they can turn in for storytime with Mom or Dad, a favorite movie or game, favorite meal, etc. As you can see they enjoyed it and it was great to see the joy on their face and hearing them share words of "Happy Valentine's Day" to each other.






That evening, Wendy came to watch the kids and Woody and I had a few hours to spend together. We went to this little Italian restaurant in Bedford called Cafe Sicilia. We've dined there before and absolutely love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The food is wonderful, the people are real nice and it's just a quaint little place. After dinner, we should have gone jogging but we went to the movies. I don't remember the last time we did that (where I didn't fall asleep). We watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Woody also gave me some beautiful red roses. As we returned home to our family it was wonderful to reflect on those things that we love about each other and our little ones. I'm grateful for their sweet little spirits and the opportunity I have to watch them grow. I'm also thankful for a loving husband who works hard for me and our family and for the moments we are able to share together. I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day than being surrounded by those that I love. I hope that all of you felt loved on this special day because if you're reading this, then you are.

1 comment:

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

What a great day. I am happy you were able to enjoy it. By the way, the chocolates were gone by, uhm say 12:30!!