Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Little Known Facts about the Sun

On Monday for Treyschool/Kinderschool we talked about the sun. I wanted to share some simple facts about the sun with the kids and I decided I would ask them what they thought the answers were. Here's what Alys and Trey had to say during their science lecture about the sun:

Q: What is the sun made of?
Alys - "Orange, blue and yellow."
Trey - "Orange and popcorn.

Q: How big is the sun?
Alys - "This big!"
Trey - "This big!"
Q: How heavy is the sun?
Alys - "Hmmmm?"
Trey - "Cotton ball."
Q: How hot is the sun?
Alys - "Really, really, really, really hot."
Trey - "Ouch hot!"
Q: How old is the sun?
Alys - "10"
Trey - "4"
It's always nice to know that they learn something! Now that we've heard from our experts, I'm sure you know a little more about the sun now than you did before. But did you know the sun is really a star?

1 comment:

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Hey my first comment didn't stick for some reason. I copied your post, hope you don't mind. Although Alys's picture didn't work, I cannot view it on my site either! Thanks for sharing though. They must have an AWESOME teacher!!