Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cascade Getaway

Last weekend we had the opportunity to go to Cascade and relax by the lake with my family.  It was lots of fun.  We usually try to do this once a year.  My mom and dad have a house next to the lake so it makes it easy to go have some fun.  This year things ended up a little different but it was all good.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of anyone, except my niece, Whitney.  So I'll include one of here and maybe find an old photo.  I know...a photographer without pictures.  Anyway, my weekend started by taking some senior pictures of Whitney.  It was fun and she did great!  Friday evening, we relaxed, played games, watched movies, etc.  The ladies played a round of ping pong and what a riot!  I must say, I saw a side of my Mom and sister that I have never seen before!  We got to a point that we were all laughing so hard we were crying.  Surprisingly, we didn't wake everyone up considering it was about 1230am when we were playing.  It was great! Saturday morning the guys and some of the kids went out fishing and caught a few fish.  I think they all had a good time and Ethan and Alys were able to use their fishing poles for the first time.  By the time they got home and we all had lunch the weather took a weird turn.  The wind was blowing and it became cloudy.  This was supposed to be our day at the lake, but the weather changed that for us.  Instead, the community has a nice little park area called Fischer Pond that we all went to.  We played some sand volleyball (loved that!), horseshoes and did some more fishing.  That was quite a hit as they caught about 15 trout.  This is a little pond that they stock mainly for the kids to go fishing.  So even though we weren't able to enjoy the lake we still had a good time and did some things we don't usually do.  It's always nice to get away and it's nice to spend time with family as well.

No comments: