Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School!

It's that time of year again already! Where does the time go? Ethan and Alys both started school on Monday. They were both excited about and I have to admit, Mom was a little excited too. Because it was a hectic morning, we took after school pictures. Ethan is now in 1st grade while Alys is in pre-school 2 days a week. Benjamin is my little trooper and gets to spend some more time with Mom. I know they will have lots of fun and make lots of new friends. The only complaint thus far is that they don't like walking Ethan to school. As you can tell, Alys is a bit red in the face after walking home on a hot day. Wait 'til the snow comes....

4 comments:

Gina said...

Wow, you guys are having a ball. I didn't realize it could be so fun living near family. I miss that.

Yes, I looked forward to school as well. Olivia started kindergarten. It's only half day. UUGGH!

Gina said...

Thanks for the compliment on my blog. It's always uplifting to hear your not as bad as you feel!

As for the pictures on my blog, the family photo was taken by Becky Eastman (pebblebrook portraits.com). She is in our ward. Our young women had a fundraiser for camp and she took the pictures for them. The pictures of the most current posting of my kids individually are from my sister. She has taken a couple of classes, but only for leisure. Other than that it's me and the camera.

Are you still doing photography? You have some great shots of scenery on your blog. It's definetly made me want to move there!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

For some reason the comment I posted a few days ago didn't work. I met another little 6 month old girl named Alys today! I hope EVERYONE enjoys the school year!

Mark and Kristi said...

How fun!!! So, how are you doing with only having one in the house on some days? How is photography coming up there? Sure do miss ya!