Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

The Twin Falls, ID temple has recently been completed and they have been hosting an open house.  This gives anyone the opportunity to walk through the temple and see it.  This is wonderful for children or those who are not members of the LDS church.  Some of my family members were already planning on attending and we ended up making it a family affair.  I was excited to be able to take my kids to see the temple.  This doesn't happen very often and I didn't want to miss the chance to go.  Twin Falls is about 2 1/2 hours away so it wasn't bad.  I think the kids enjoyed it, once Alys was done screaming!  She found out that she had to wear paper slippers over her shoes while walking through the temple and literally was screaming bloody murder because she didn't want to.  Imagine that...the temple is usually a quiet, peaceful place and instead we are being serenaded by the lungs of Alys screaming.  Needless to say, it was still beautiful as they all are.
After the temple we had some lunch and headed for Shoshone Falls, which is in Twin Falls.  Evidently, there is not always water running over the falls this time of year.  I guess it depends on the amount of rain/snow received during the year.  So, this was a treat.  The falls are beautiful and it really does look like a mini-Niagara Falls.  There is a big canyon and just below a small dam the water flows over these beautiful rocks.  It is definitely a site to see.  
To finish off our trip, what's better than a little ice-blocking?  Some of the kids and adults tried it out from some ice blocks that others had left behind.   Benjamin tried it, by sitting on the block of ice; probably until he realized how cold it was.  The rest of us opted out this time, but I'm sure it will be on our list of things to do.

1 comment:

Mark and Kristi said...

Those are amazing pictures of the waterfalls... you should be a photographer :) I am glad you posted about going through the temple, that gave me the idea of taking my family thru the PHX one when they finish!