Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Can Sleep Anywhere!

On a hot summer afternoon, the kids were outside playing.  As I was upstairs doing chores, I realized that only Ethan and Alys had come in as I did not hear Benjamin's voice.  After a few minutes I asked the kids where he was and they said he was outside playing.  I was not surprised as he loves to dump out the dogs water and then sit in it or put her food in the water, etc.  You name it, he'll try it.  I decided that I'd better go check on him and make sure all was well.  Here's what I found...
sweet little Benjamin, sound asleep on the cement patio.  I know, poor kid!  I guess he was too tired to come inside.  We really do have beds for our children, although they do like to crawl into the dog kennel.  Hey, maybe I don't really need a house, just a cement slab, some dog kennels and we'd be good to go...for about an hour!

2 comments:

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

That is so crazy, and hilarious at the same time! Love the new background.

Mark and Kristi said...

Oh my goodness! That is hilarious! He was probably loving the coolness of the cement as opposed to the hot day! You could really save a lot of money with just a kennel and a slab of concrete ha ha