Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Birthday #6 for Ethan!

July 20, 2008 was a day of celebration for Ethan.  He turned 6 years old!  Wow!  I can hardly believe it; my oldest is going to be a first grader.  This years celebration included a "Jr." car cake from the movie "Cars".  When Ethan told me that he wanted a "Jr." cake I didn't know what he was talking about.  He told me it was in the movie and I asked him to describe it.  "It's red, " he told me.  Since that gave me a lot of information...I ended up having to watch the movie again to find out who it was.  Come to find out it's the Dale Earnhardt Jr. car and it only appears maybe twice in the movie!  Thus, the Jr. cake.  Ethan enjoyed all the celebration and was excited to open his gifts which he loved.  He also enjoyed running and playing with his cousins.  Happy Birthday Ethan!  We hope you have another great year.  As your mom, I'm so proud of you in all that you do.  I enjoy watching you grow and learn and am so glad your a part of our family.

No comments: