Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Best Gifts

As I thought about the year and Christmas I couldn't help but think about the many wonderful things that I have been blessed with over the year.  While reflecting on some of what I would consider 'the best gifts' a few came to mind.  First and foremost...the gift of family.  I am so grateful to be near my family again and be able to spend time with them.  Best of all, my own family.  While each of my children are unique and at times drive me crazy I love them so much.  I enjoy watching them grow and learn and especially the peaceful happy moments when they are happily playing together.  I'm thankful for Woody and all that he does for me and our children.  Another gift is the gift of good health.  We've all been pretty healthy this year and as for myself I was given the gift of a personal trainer for my birthday from my dear husband.  I found a great gal from church, who is also a personal trainer.  I've been working with her since October and am excited to say that as of the end of year I have lost 22lbs.  I have a ways to go to reach my goal, but I'm grateful to have made it this far.  I'm doing it the old fashioned way, eating healthy and exercising, but it's worth it.  Last, but not least...I'm grateful for my friends.  I miss my friends in Texas and wish I could just pop in and say hello.  I think of you often.  I'm also thankful for those that I have met thus far in Idaho.  Also, I could not finish this post without saying how thankful I am for the gospel and knowing that I am a child of God.  I hope that you all have had a wonderful year and have received many wonderful gifts.

No comments: