Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Sunday, February 6, 2011

This Old House


Over the past ten to fifteen years since I've gotten into photography and done some traveling...I've become fascinated with different landscapes, textures, and anything else that I think would make for an interesting photograph. Over the years as I've traveled to and from Cascade, Idaho, which is a small town about 1 1/2 hours north of where we live, there's an old house off the highway just south of Cascade. I'm not sure why,butI'vetakenseveral photos of this house and I'm wondering if I have recentlytaken my last shot. This is a very old vacant house out in a field. Ever since I remember seeing the house it has been leaning.We know that someone once lived there because my nephew discovered a stove in the house when posing for a photo. I'm sure there are many stories that exist behind the walls of this old house and I wish I actually knew how old it is. However, with the storms that it has weathered and the winter snow that falls each year it will probably soon give way to mother nature and simply be a part of history that one can only read about in family history. So, I just thought I would share what I have captured over the years. I must admit I will miss looking for this house when it cannot be seen any longer.

1 comment:

The Christensen's said...

I am suprised it hasn't fallen already! It definitely has a lot of character!