Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pure Joy!

Last Sunday, our Primary children had their Sacrament Meeting program, titled "I am a Child of God."  They sing, give talks and the different class recite a sentence or two.  Ethan and Alys are both now old enough to participate.  Benjamin still has a year or two to go.  Anyway, for me it is always pure joy to sit and listen to the children, especially when they sing.  This year, Ethan also gave a talk and was able to read it all by himself.  I was so proud of him.  I have to admit that they brought me to tears.  Two songs in particular got to me, "I am a Child of God" and "Called to Serve".  Hearing about 100 or more children singing those songs was touching, not to mention the fact that during the chorus of "Called to Serve" Ethan couldn't help but yell "Forward, pressing forward".  I love our little children and am thankful for the things that they have learned and continue to learn.  I am grateful for their primary teachers that love them and teach them each week and for all the time that it put into the program so that we are able to enjoy it every year.  I can't wait for Benjamin to join them.

No comments: