Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Day



Well, I'm a little behind on what we've been up to.  For Memorial Day weekend we spent some fun time in the mountains in a small town called Cascade.  My parents have a house near the lake where we all hung out and had some fun.  The original plan was to go camping, but it was a rainy weekend.  Some of my family members and their children were able to come which made for more festivities.  We all had a great time.  I think we all brought enough food to feed an army.  I don't know why but we always seem to overpack!  I feel like we're packing the family for a week long vacation in Europe or something when we're actually only about 2hrs from home and only gone for a couple of days.  No complaints though, we had fun watching movies, playing games, and even got in a little baseball game with the kids.  We enjoy going to the mountains and taking in all the beauty that God has created for us to enjoy.  It's even better when you're surrounded by family.  We look forward to more adventures in Idaho!

No comments: