Thought for the Day

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." -- Henry Ward Beecher

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Small Miracles

This last week was a trying week for me for different reasons, so anything positive was a blessing.  For a few months we've been trying to potty train Benjamin.  Now that Benjamin is 3 we're hoping that it will be easier than with the last two.  He's got the peeing down pretty but pooping is another story.  I had told him to go to the bathroom the other day as I knew it had been a while since he had gone.  I noticed after a few minutes that it was quiet in the bathroom so thought I'd better check.  My little boy was actually sitting on the toilet going poop!  Now I know this isn't the best of stories, but I know for most moms this is a small miracle!  At least it was for me.

3 comments:

Squibb Family said...

That's great! We have the opposite at our house. Our Joey has decided to start going by himself. And not pee pee. It is a horrible mess when he gets done. I guess I better start working with him about telling me FIRST. He's 2 1/2 and starting earlier than my other boys. I can't wait until we get him trained. It's always a big relief. Good Luck!!

RaChelle

Pariera Family said...

It's always nice to hear what others small miracles are. I just wanted to say thanks again for taking Creed on Saturday, he had so much fun as he always does with his cousins. We are glad you are living closer, and the kids get to play with each other more often. Thanks again

Gina said...

I totally understand! I have one more to train in the next year or so, it's not something I enjoy! Your kids are growing so quick.